Is it just me or is the older version of Salim in the new movie "Slumdog Millionaire" played by Nick Taylor?
- Has anyone ever really thought about what Cliff Huxtable's occupation was in the Cosby Show? He was an OBGYN who worked out of his basement. Yeah, me too.
- One of my wife's best friends recently sent her a book that she had read that she thought my wife would enjoy. Yesterday I picked up the book, named "Twilight", and turned to the back cover to find a synopsis that said:
"About three things I was absolutely positive.
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was a part of him-and I didn't know how dominant that part might be-that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him"
What????
My wife is a very intelligent woman. She graduated from William and Mary Law School and got her undergraduate degree from The University of Virginia. Her friend also graduated from UVA and now has a very good job in Atlanta. What I am trying to say is here we have two smart, successful women both nearing the age of 30. What the hell are they doing reading about people in love with vampires? I guess their comeback would be what is a 30 year old dude doing playing Wii and writing Blogs.
- I am all for finding a job and I think it is admirable that people are willing to do anything to put food on the table for their family. That being said, what the fuck are the people who dress up like the Statue of Liberty and prance around busy roads for Liberty Tax Service thinking?
- I am very happy with the life I lead and I am very comfortable with the person I have evolved into. I still can't help but think if I could have the exact personality I admire the most, I would be Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights until I retire. At that point I would turn into Walt from the recently released movie Gran Torino.
- ESPN recently released the Prestige Rankings for all 119 college football teams. The poll seemed to take all subjectivity out of the equation by giving programs certain amounts of points for specific accomplishments. My Alabama Crimson Tide ranked 6th and were only a few points away from #4 Ohio State. I know I am biased but how can you have a fair poll that awards the same amount of points for a SEC Championship as you do for a Sun Belt Championship or even a Big Ten Championship. The bottom line is the SEC had 8 teams finish in this Top 25 of most prestigious college football programs. The Big 10 had 3. Shouldn't that be taken into account that 8 quality teams are competing for championships over the past 70 plus years while Michigan and Ohio State just rotated winning Big 10 titles. All in all a good poll. I just see Alabama rolling in anywhere from 1-3 along with Oklahoma and USC. The complete poll can be found here: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
- News out Morgantown this afternoon is that God willing sometime tomorrow afternoon I will be a father of a new daughter. Poor little girl. I can think of probably 4 people in the world that think I am mature enough to be a father. Here's to proving them wrong.
- Reason #215 I may not be ready to be a father. I was almost as excited to hear that Mark Gottfried was fired as Alabama Basketball Coach this afternoon as I was to hear my wife was being induced tomorrow. Almost.

1 comment:
BZ,
Congrats on fatherhood! On a side note, I know a half dozen women between the ages of 23 and 30 that are obsessed with the "Twilight" books -- I don't get it. I would trade Dave Leitao for Mark Gottfried right now.
Post a Comment